Pages

8/8/08

I was listening to something...by Mike Tyrell©2008

I was driving down a mountain road listening to my
iPod I was listening to something I heard before.
It was a the same song I was listening to when
some guy slammed into the passenger door of my car.
I was the same day I lost all my money,
it was the same day a business deal went bad and I ended
up with no money only the clothes on my back in a very
dark place of town.
I had my ipod, a small bag and my cell phone.
I used the last of my change for food
made of god knows what and the last few seconds of my cell phones
battery life to call my fiancé. A stranger gave me a left to some place I
can sleep I offered my cell phone in exchange for the
left and a few bucks he declined after listening to my story on the way he
gave me money he needed most to pay for the motel he dropped me off.
He told me everything will be ok the next day, he told me we are all
brothers and sisters in this cruel world and just being there for one another will
help us get back on our feet.
I slept that day listening to that same song that night.
It was the night before my wedding.

Three years and eight months later I am driving down a
mountain listening to my iPod looking at my beautiful wife my three months
old daughter safely strapped in her pink car seat listening to the song
I heard the day my life changed

Mike Tyrell©2008

No comments: